Monday, May 11, 2009

Garage ministry...Part One


Argh! These are pics of the back of the garage!


Here is the view from the front Here is the back corner, dread!


We had actually worked an hour at this point!
This past weekend, we decided to do Garage Ministry for our friend, Lynda Ellison. Her life/house has just been returned to her, after having been taken over in recent years :) As such, her garage looked like, how shall I put this?...a dog's breakfast. Previously, she had rented a dumpster, with every intention of cleaning out the garage, but then it was again taken over and we never really got more than one foot into it. So, Tammy Belton said, "Do we need to do garage ministry on you?" And the answer, as you can see from these before photos, was a resounding YES! All of us who have been meeting together have been putting our 10% into separate accounts, to be used as we, individually or as a group, see fit for ministry. This qualified, and we pooled our money, rented the dumpster and got to work May 9th and 10th-yes, Mother's Day, but it's what we wanted to do.

I am rubbish at putting photos on here, but will do my best to get them on. I can't seem to figure out how to put on captions! All of these are before and during pictures. We need to finish next week, as the dumpster was full and will need to be dumped and then redelivered. I will post final pictures when we are all done. Suffice it to say, there was only a small path before, and after she will be able to park 4 vehicles in there. Wow! MR

1 comment:

  1. Doggonit anyway! I missed the whole garage ministry and to think I was credited with the idea! Dang it Dang it Dang it.

    I'm so glad this is getting done for Lynda. It is important when you are stuck...to let God move you. The result is always better than whatever you could plan for yourself.

    Accountability: phew - this is interesting and terrifying all at the same time. Each time I think of my "secret sin" - I think of my girls and how I am going to have to confess my junk openly with them next week. SURE does help to keep myself in order.

    Michelle you are doing a fantastic job with the blog - keep it up! The pictures add Soooo much!

    I've gotten several comments on my "Welcome - sit, stay a while" wall embellishment that I can't wait to get more - it really does complete that space :)

    ReplyDelete