Sunday, January 24, 2010

In the lion's den

We were talking last night during a family Bible study...ever since we moved to Minnesota we feel like we have been in the lion's den. Its different here, to "do ministry" and "do life".

In Tennessee, people talk about Jesus freely and respect others views. Here, that is not the case, there is a lot more persecution. In Tennessee, people who knew Brian was a pastor would go to him with problems, ask for prayer and treat him respectfully. Here, that is not the case, people use it against him, as a way to attack him.

Now I am not saying it's all supposed to be easy...Jesus never said "follow Me and your life with be worry and hurt-free" He just said "follow Me" So we are. I am just letting you know where we are at and what I have learned.

I think sometimes we as Christians take a very Sunday School approach to the lion's den. Like Daniel was thrown in there and the lions didn't eat him because they all died. Its a lot less messy or complicated to think of it in Veggie Tales terms -- "Let me say goodbye to my new friends. Bye guys, thanks for the pizza!"

We assume that when the Bible says God sent an angel to shut the lion's mouths that he was incapacitating them somehow. Like "fear not, I am protecting you" and then they all just sat down and had tea...Like this

I don't think that. I think it was still very scary. I think there was blood everywhere. I think that the stench of death was unbelievable. I think there was snarling and pacing and roaring and scratching and gnashing of teeth. LIKE A FREAKIN LIONS DEN...like this

That's what we are up against, people. It's not all moonlight and roses, and Jesus is my boyfriend. It's hard, its messy, it smells bad and its scary. But we do it...because He said "Follow Me" MR

No comments:

Post a Comment