Sunday, January 24, 2010

An update on our part of the Ekklesia

So, I have almost completely forgotten how to do this, but here goes...

Since I haven't blogged since November (wow, back after Chiara's surgery) I will tell you that we are all doing fine. Schedules and other things have made it difficult for all of our families to meet together, but everyone has found their own way.

The Roberts family is meeting every Monday night - we do Bible study, pray and sing together for sure on that night, and then spontaneously throughout the week. I don't know about you, but since we are all so busy we really have to say "Ok, at the very least we know we are meeting on Monday" and then let the rest fall into place. I would love for it not to be like that, but alas, we are all run ragged.

The Beltons have taken on a new assignment - Interim Pastor of Berean Baptist Church. Yes, for those wondering, that is the church Brian was pastoring up until last May. Doug is an excellent teacher and a great expositor, I know he has been dreaming of this. They are happy to have found a place to serve and we are very happy for them.

The Steiners are very busy with their band, Another Day (they have a fanpage on Facebook). I haven't been able to see them perform yet, but I am sure they are fabulous. Incidentally, they have begun to lead musical worship at Berean from time to time.

So, the big question - Did our experiment fail? NO, not in the least. You could say everyone is "broken up" I guess, but that's the way its supposed to be. When God tells you to go, you go. If you don't move when He prompts you, then what the heck ARE you doing? Too long we spent time spinning our wheels, waiting for something to happen. Once we get out there and DO what God wants, that's when we are really serving Him. I know this paragraph is all grammatically incorrect, sorry it's early.

I am sure there are a lot of people who think, "Good, now everyone is back where they belong" Well that is rubbish. If there is one thing I have learned, it's that only God can tell you where you belong. No man can tell you that, and no amount of trying to please people can put you inside God's will. So this is where we are because this is where He wants us - and I believe the same for the Beltons and Steiners...and if that's not true, then that is ours to deal with, or theirs respectively.

So what are you doing this week to make sure you are serving God in the way HE wants you to? MR

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that our time in home church has just enriched my life. Taking on this view of church is beyond the walls of a building with the sign church on the outside has given me the opportunity to have more church than I ever thought possible. Thanks for doing this Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well praise God for that testimony, I am glad you got to see God move! We will pray for you, whoever you are, that Jesus will continue to bless you as you continue to seek after His Heart!

    ReplyDelete