Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ekklesia Praise reports

This past Sunday, Doug presented a really awesome praise report to the group. It wasn't your typical "God gave me what I asked for" praise, it was so much more real than that. And it got me thinking....

I asked all the people who have been meeting with us to send me a praise report. Not a lame one, like "Cameron got a really good report card" but a raw and bleeding before Christ, even if it doesn't look like a blessing it is, only God could show off that way PRAISE REPORT!

I will post them here, or if they come in the form of a comment I will just leave them as comments. I am still getting the hang of this blog thing, and I wish there was a way that other people to could post instead of just having to comment. Oh well, I will get it eventually!

UPDATE...here is Doug's praise report. Keep them coming!

Knowing that my time of employment was soon coming to an end, God left me an awesome bread crumb trail of information that allowed me to leave the company the right way. By way of His blessing, I was able to sustain my family and start up two new businesses that with His grace will not only sustain my family but become a blessing to others as well.

1st God put me in a car with two other managers while they were discussing severance packages. At that time I knew nothing of severance packages and had no intention of leaving my position, so while the information was interesting, it seemed at the time of little direct importance to me.

2nd The day I knew I was on my way out, God put me in another meeting wherein two different peers discussed the importance of a person quitting the company before being fired in order to receive a severance package.

3rd About 30 days before I left, God reached out to a coworker/friend whom I had not spoken to in months and prompted him to contact me. When I told the friend I was on my way out of the company, he put me in touch with someone who had gone through almost exactly what I was going through a couple years earlier. This man, a brother in Christ, gave me detailed instructions on how to get the best possible severance package.

4th God gave me the courage to do exactly what this brother in Christ told me to do and the result was a package much better than what I had expected.

God is good!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to praise God.

    I've prayed for a long time for Christian friends that I could count on to always point me back to God in whatever situations arise in my life.

    He's provided! I finally have Christian friends that won't let me just sit by and "watch" the Christian life be lived out. Thanks to my Ekklesia crew...I can now work through my tests and trials with people who understand my struggles first hand.
    THANK YOU LORD!

    ReplyDelete