Friday, August 14, 2009

SLACKER!!!

Once again, I find myself back where I've always been. If I am not held accountable, that which I would do, I do not do, and that which I would not, I do. Guess I am a little bit like Paul, but not the good bits (hmm, that sounded disturbing, but I am leaving it)

Me and Brian in front of the fountain at Excalibur

Ok, a month has gone by since the last post...Here's a low down. Brian and I went to Vegas for UFC 100 and were there July 9 to 13th...while we were there, we made a connection with some new friends, Becky and Josh, who do house church in Sin City, and even though we didn't get to meet with them, we are bonded in Christ and this thing called ministry, and we are looking forward to being a prayer support to them as they are for us.

In the Octogon

While we were out there, we went to Red Rock Canyon, it is so awesome! Anyone looking for some useless knowledge can check out my Facebook page...it has an album with Red Rock pictures in it. We hung out there, hiking and havin church together. It was great...we really needed the time away.


This is a little tree we found growing out of the face of the limestone at Red Rock Canyon. It was really high up there, just growing. What really struck me, aside from it's beauty, was that it was all alone, growing in rock. I remembered the parable of the sower, the seed sprinkled on rocky ground. If you know someone with a hard heart, if you feel like you have been beating your head against a wall...maybe they could at some point be like this tree. MR

No comments:

Post a Comment